- 5,568 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Monthly Archives: October 2015
Our daughter just finished an incredible season of high school volleyball where her team made it to the regional semi finals. Although they did not advance to the finals, they played really strong all year; gaining experience, improving their skills, … Continue reading
My husband and I have been in the parenting business for many years. Our children are now 27, 21 and 16. Over the years, in trying to parent well, we have faced numerous decisions and challenges both large and small … Continue reading
My mother, bless her heart, is an amazing gardener. All of her potted plants are lush and green, bursting with blooms at the proper time each year. Her yard is just as lovely, with beds of colorful flowering plants and … Continue reading
In my previous post I wrote about the many different ideas people have about the word “Christian”. I also shared the origin of the word itself, which in the Greek means, Christ-follower. In today’s post I want to look at what the … Continue reading