- 5,597 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Monthly Archives: November 2015
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.” Psalm 100:4-5 (NIV) Thankfulness…where do I begin? As I think about my life this week of Thanksgiving, I realize I am blessed … Continue reading
Dear sweet daughter-in-law, You’re the calm to his crazy…the yellow light to his green. You’re the planner of his perpetual parade. You laugh at his jokes and deflect his teasing with giggles and grace. You are intelligent, athletic, and beautiful…excited … Continue reading
My daughter always gives me goodnight hugs…goodbye hugs, too. I don’t know what I would do without them. She is a girl who is excited about life, and friends, and school…the joy in her soul bubbles over as an ever-present smile … Continue reading
From the beheading of Christians on our TV screens, to the bombing of innocent people from Boston to Paris by terrorist suicide bombers, not a day goes by that we are not confronted with horrific events that lead us to fear … Continue reading