Join 385 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Monthly Archives: November 2015
It is in the mind where seeds of destruction are sown. Destruction of families. Destruction of friendships. Destruction of churches. Destruction of lives. The human mind is fertile ground for Satan’s subtle schemes. If he can get us to entertain thoughts … Continue reading
As my husband and I sat on the beach soaking up the sun on one of our many family beach days, our son, Nathan, ten years old at the time, stood in line 25 yards away at the beachside hotdog stand. We had … Continue reading
Many young people today enter into marriage with an erroneous idea of what marriage is. They marry someone based on feelings of physical attraction or because of a ticking “marriage clock”, having no idea of the self-sacrifice and determination it … Continue reading
You are loved and deserving of love. Inner beauty is much more valuable than outward beauty. Doing your best is good enough. You will never regret waiting until marriage for sex, but can never go back if you don’t. A … Continue reading
Many people don’t understand what Christianity is all about. They think it is a restrictive lifestyle of things you cannot do, a standard of behavior that is unattainable, an existence devoid of fun. In reality, Christianity is different than many … Continue reading