Join 388 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Post-Mom Life and the Search for Significance
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
Monthly Archives: February 2016
As our culture slides down the slippery slope towards complete and total secularism, it is more important than ever that Christian parents take note and become counter-cultural in their parenting approach. We must wake up to the tidal wave … Continue reading
Over the years, many of my young mom friends have expressed an uncertainty regarding their value and significance as a mom when they are in the trenches with little ones under foot. They wonder if they are fulfilling their … Continue reading
As we walked in the door on that first day home after my husband’s hospital stay, we both breathed a sigh of relief. He was so happy to be home where he could get into his most comfortable clothes, sink … Continue reading
I have been quite introspective lately in the wake of my husband’s recent heart surgery and subsequent recovery period. An unexpected, serious health crisis can have that effect on a person. As I’ve thought about the early years … Continue reading