- 5,619 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Monthly Archives: May 2016
Can broken people become effective influencers in the kingdom?: Using our mistakes to guide and encourage others
Several years ago, as I drew near to the mid-point of my life, I began to wonder whether or not I had used my time on earth effectively. I had come to know Christ at an early age–having … Continue reading
I remember clearly, as a young wife many years ago, struggling with wanting more from my husband. Can anyone else relate? I mean, when I first met him he was a dream come true, “perfectly perfect in every way”. … Continue reading
Once we are saved does it really matter what we do with our lives? I mean, as Evangelicals, we believe the old adage, “Once saved, always saved”, don’t we? We were taught, as the Bible clearly states, “Nothing can pluck you out … Continue reading
I’ve been searching for a while now to find a way to get rid of some unwanted midlife pounds and have tried all the usual avenues with only limited success. But recently, thanks to my innovative and tech saavy … Continue reading
They have their heads in the sand as to where their teenagers are (especially on weekends!) and who they are with? Parents…do you know where your teenagers are on a given Friday night? Do you know if they are engaged in under-age drinking? … Continue reading