- 5,589 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Monthly Archives: June 2016
Over the years I have often felt frustrated that I couldn’t seem to get all aspects of my life in order at the same time. As I’m furiously juggling my roles as a busy wife, mom, daughter, and friend, I … Continue reading
My daddy always carried a pocket knife. No true southerner (nor midwestern country boy, which my father was until he moved south) would leave home without it. During my growing-up years, I saw that pocketknife called into action more … Continue reading
He’s been there for the basketball, football, volleyball and softball games. The soccer and tennis matches. The band concerts, recitals, and awards nights. For years… Always encouraging. Always supporting. Always applauding. Always there. He’s been there for dinner and … Continue reading
I was sick with some type of bug last week. I was miserable. On the second day of my illness, as I recovered, my sweet husband brought me ice cream to make me feel better. He knows it’s one of … Continue reading
In today’s world we are enamored with celebrity culture. We “follow” movie and TV actors, spend loads of money on concert tickets, and idolize “bigger than life” sports figures. Many parents, who never realized their own dreams of achieving fame, have … Continue reading