- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Monthly Archives: August 2016
Fellow Christian, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is this: people. Pure and simple… Big people, little people, black, white, and asian people. Nice people, mean people, loud and soft-spoken people. Poor people, rich people…all people. We … Continue reading
“Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it, redeemed by the blood of the lamb. Redeemed, through His infinite mercy, His child and forever I am.” Those glorious words by the great hymn-writer, Fanny Crosby, reverberate through my soul as I … Continue reading
It seems that every other day we hear of another disgruntled person leaving a church due to their displeasure with the pastor or, we hear that another pastor has been sent packing. What is the problem? Why do we change … Continue reading
Happy New Mama Year! No, that’s not a typo and this isn’t an old post. I realize it’s not January 1st, the time when most people set goals, realign their priorities, and start fresh but, I’m proposing a new … Continue reading
Sometimes we gain the most from the people who have the least to give. I stepped out of my mother’s house into the blazing summer heat feeling like a cloth twisted and wrung out, emerging flattened, from an old-fashioned washing machine. I … Continue reading