- 5,560 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Author Archives: Heart of the Matter
We’ve all heard that, as parents, we need to give our children roots and wings. Well, I think we can all agree that the “roots” part is easy. We love them consistently, provide for their basic needs, let … Continue reading
Most of us lead very ordinary lives. We take care of our families, participate in church and community activities and enjoy various hobbies. The majority of us will never find ourselves on the cover of a magazine. We won’t … Continue reading
To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
Wow, mothering can be tough! Can I get an “Amen”?! It’s a fine line we walk between allowing our teenagers to grow and mature and intervening in order to make things easier for them. It hurts to see our … Continue reading
Dear Readers, So sorry that it has been a while since I last posted on Heart of the Matter, but this season of life has been extremely busy and eventful for our family. Our second son got married and … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why God allows people to live on and on into their 80’s and 90’s in various states of pain and disability—severe arthritis, blindness, deafness, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other chronic, debilitating and painful conditions? If … Continue reading