- 5,569 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Category Archives: Church Life
What comes to mind when I say the word, Sunday School? Perhaps it’s visions of your 8-year-old self dressed in your Sunday best, complete with shiny patent leather shoes and hair bow (or clip-on tie) perched uncomfortably on one of those little wooden chairs in front … Continue reading
Does this sound like you? I know Jesus Christ and that he died to save me from my sin. I believe he is the Son of God. I have accepted his gift of forgiveness. I know that the only way to … Continue reading
“Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it, redeemed by the blood of the lamb. Redeemed, through His infinite mercy, His child and forever I am.” Those glorious words by the great hymn-writer, Fanny Crosby, reverberate through my soul as I … Continue reading
It seems that every other day we hear of another disgruntled person leaving a church due to their displeasure with the pastor or, we hear that another pastor has been sent packing. What is the problem? Why do we change … Continue reading
Happy New Mama Year! No, that’s not a typo and this isn’t an old post. I realize it’s not January 1st, the time when most people set goals, realign their priorities, and start fresh but, I’m proposing a new … Continue reading