- 5,559 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Category Archives: Spiritual Encouragement
Today I went to the gym. I have put it off for so long but alas, one-by-one my excuses have fallen away and now I am left with only one—my own pathetic lack of discipline. I can no longer … Continue reading
My husband was up at 5:30 this morning. I listened as he gathered his workout clothes and tennis shoes, and then proceeded to the kitchen to prepare his protein shake. As the whirring sound of the blender died down, I snuggled deeper … Continue reading
I sing in two different choirs. My own church choir, which is like a family to me, and a large statewide choir (500 strong) that sings at various events and churches around our state several times a year. Participating in … Continue reading
Living a purposeful and effective Christian life with a spiritual mindset doesn’t come naturally to us. In general, we are more earthly minded, haphazardly rushing about our day completing tasks, going to meetings, running errands—focusing on the urgent, but … Continue reading