- 5,596 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Category Archives: Thankfulness
Dear Readers, So sorry that it has been a while since I last posted on Heart of the Matter, but this season of life has been extremely busy and eventful for our family. Our second son got married and … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why God allows people to live on and on into their 80’s and 90’s in various states of pain and disability—severe arthritis, blindness, deafness, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other chronic, debilitating and painful conditions? If … Continue reading
I sing in two different choirs. My own church choir, which is like a family to me, and a large statewide choir (500 strong) that sings at various events and churches around our state several times a year. Participating in … Continue reading
We’ve just returned from an amazing trip to Japan where our son serves in the Navy. We flew halfway around the world for one reason and one reason only–to meet our first grandchild! The feeling of holding him for the first … Continue reading
Valentine’s Day. Exciting! Joyful! Romantic! Fun! Uncertain. Lonely. Depressing. Disappointing. This particular holiday can elicit very different emotions in each of us according to where we find ourselves in life. It’s a “pairing up” holiday, a celebration of love and … Continue reading