- 5,601 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Category Archives: Thankfulness
The best any mom of boys can hope for is to end up with daughters-in-law who love Jesus. My husband and I are blessed with two such young women–one, has been in our family for 5 years and the other, will … Continue reading
Wow! What an exciting few months we’ve had around our house! We found out our oldest son and daughter-in-law are having our very first grandchild– a boy! Shortly after that, our middle son got engaged to a beautiful and … Continue reading
“Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it, redeemed by the blood of the lamb. Redeemed, through His infinite mercy, His child and forever I am.” Those glorious words by the great hymn-writer, Fanny Crosby, reverberate through my soul as I … Continue reading
Sometimes we gain the most from the people who have the least to give. I stepped out of my mother’s house into the blazing summer heat feeling like a cloth twisted and wrung out, emerging flattened, from an old-fashioned washing machine. I … Continue reading
Those of us who have elderly parents don’t often think about the life our parents led before old age set in. We see them as idle, helpless, quietly supportive, struggling… watching from the sidelines as life in all it’s busyness moves … Continue reading