- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Tag Archives: caring for aging parents
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more … Continue reading
Sometimes we gain the most from the people who have the least to give. I stepped out of my mother’s house into the blazing summer heat feeling like a cloth twisted and wrung out, emerging flattened, from an old-fashioned washing machine. I … Continue reading
Those of us who have elderly parents don’t often think about the life our parents led before old age set in. We see them as idle, helpless, quietly supportive, struggling… watching from the sidelines as life in all it’s busyness moves … Continue reading