- 5,559 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: daughters
To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
Wow, mothering can be tough! Can I get an “Amen”?! It’s a fine line we walk between allowing our teenagers to grow and mature and intervening in order to make things easier for them. It hurts to see our … Continue reading
When our young adult children leave home— heading off to start college, join the workforce, or marry— we, as parents, feel a renewed sense of urgency to pray for them. For the first time they must face the unique dangers … Continue reading
Like it or not, every week shocking things happen at your child’s school. Whether it’s a student who’s been caught using drugs or texting explicit photos, driving while drunk, or experiencing an unplanned pregnancy; everything under the sun goes on at … Continue reading
When our children are small, we parents do our best to teach them good habits and to develop positive character traits– though most of us would admit we sometimes take our eye off the ball and fall back into “getting … Continue reading