- 5,601 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: daughters
There is no dispute that dads have a profound and lasting impact on their children. The only question is, whether that impact will be positive or negative. As moms, we want you to make an impression on our kids in … Continue reading
My daddy always carried a pocket knife. No true southerner (nor midwestern country boy, which my father was until he moved south) would leave home without it. During my growing-up years, I saw that pocketknife called into action more … Continue reading
In today’s world we are enamored with celebrity culture. We “follow” movie and TV actors, spend loads of money on concert tickets, and idolize “bigger than life” sports figures. Many parents, who never realized their own dreams of achieving fame, have … Continue reading
Children love traditions. If you disagree, just try telling your 10-year-old you will no longer be going to Santa’s Tree Farm for your Christmas tree. Traditions create a sense of family identity; a security, and a feeling of unity. My … Continue reading