Join 388 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Post-Mom Life and the Search for Significance
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
Tag Archives: Encouragement
I recently slid quietly into a new decade of life—one where I get discounts on Tuesdays at certain department stores, receive targeted ads for wrinkle creams on my computer, and qualify to go on the church bus to the botanical … Continue reading
Generosity. The epitomy of godly character. It is, at once, love, kindness, faithfulness and selflessness—a spring bouquet of spiritual fruit. Generosity comes in many forms. For instance, there is the act of giving one’s time to help another human being … Continue reading
I’ve ridden this spaceship called earth for quite a few rotations around the sun. (How did you like that colorful tactic for not telling you how old I am?) In that time, I’ve experienced great loss, family health crises, divorce, … Continue reading
Back in the 1970’s, Olivia Newton John sang a song called, “Hopelessly Devoted to You”. It was a song about the depths of devotion someone had for their love interest, even after their love had been spurned. Most of you … Continue reading