Join 385 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Tag Archives: faith
Generosity. The epitomy of godly character. It is, at once, love, kindness, faithfulness and selflessness—a spring bouquet of spiritual fruit. Generosity comes in many forms. For instance, there is the act of giving one’s time to help another human being … Continue reading
I’ve ridden this spaceship called earth for quite a few rotations around the sun. (How did you like that colorful tactic for not telling you how old I am?) In that time, I’ve experienced great loss, family health crises, divorce, … Continue reading
Back in the 1970’s, Olivia Newton John sang a song called, “Hopelessly Devoted to You”. It was a song about the depths of devotion someone had for their love interest, even after their love had been spurned. Most of you … Continue reading
Peace…as elusive and rare as a roll of toilet paper in this historic moment of Corona virus, empty store shelves, social distancing and self-quarantine. Many people are worried, even panicked over the lack of certain consumer products, the fear of … Continue reading
To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
Wow, mothering can be tough! Can I get an “Amen”?! It’s a fine line we walk between allowing our teenagers to grow and mature and intervening in order to make things easier for them. It hurts to see our … Continue reading