- 5,666 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Peace in the Season of Covid-19
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
Tag Archives: Fruits of the Spirit
“You are the light of the world. a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light … Continue reading
Those of us who have elderly parents don’t often think about the life our parents led before old age set in. We see them as idle, helpless, quietly supportive, struggling… watching from the sidelines as life in all it’s busyness moves … Continue reading
“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one … Continue reading
My mother, bless her heart, is an amazing gardener. All of her potted plants are lush and green, bursting with blooms at the proper time each year. Her yard is just as lovely, with beds of colorful flowering plants and … Continue reading
In my previous post I wrote about the many different ideas people have about the word “Christian”. I also shared the origin of the word itself, which in the Greek means, Christ-follower. In today’s post I want to look at what the … Continue reading