- 5,570 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: gratitude
Dear Readers, So sorry that it has been a while since I last posted on Heart of the Matter, but this season of life has been extremely busy and eventful for our family. Our second son got married and … Continue reading
Living a purposeful and effective Christian life with a spiritual mindset doesn’t come naturally to us. In general, we are more earthly minded, haphazardly rushing about our day completing tasks, going to meetings, running errands—focusing on the urgent, but … Continue reading
I do love my life. I love that I have a comfy home in which to live. I love that I can go and buy things that aren’t just necessities. I love that my children are healthy and happy. … Continue reading
The best any mom of boys can hope for is to end up with daughters-in-law who love Jesus. My husband and I are blessed with two such young women–one, has been in our family for 5 years and the other, will … Continue reading
Sometimes we gain the most from the people who have the least to give. I stepped out of my mother’s house into the blazing summer heat feeling like a cloth twisted and wrung out, emerging flattened, from an old-fashioned washing machine. I … Continue reading