Join 388 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Post-Mom Life and the Search for Significance
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
Tag Archives: heart disease
For those of you who are following along on our heart health journey, I thought I would post an update. As of Tuesday, it has been 5 weeks since my husband had his triple by-pass surgery. He is doing … Continue reading
When my husband was diagnosed with heart disease, it was a complete shock to us. He had been an avid exerciser, had never smoked, and had always kept his weight under control. In addition to that, we knew that … Continue reading
As we walked in the door on that first day home after my husband’s hospital stay, we both breathed a sigh of relief. He was so happy to be home where he could get into his most comfortable clothes, sink … Continue reading
I have been quite introspective lately in the wake of my husband’s recent heart surgery and subsequent recovery period. An unexpected, serious health crisis can have that effect on a person. As I’ve thought about the early years … Continue reading