Join 388 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Post-Mom Life and the Search for Significance
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
Tag Archives: Jesus
What comes to mind when I say the word, Sunday School? Perhaps it’s visions of your 8-year-old self dressed in your Sunday best, complete with shiny patent leather shoes and hair bow (or clip-on tie) perched uncomfortably on one of those little wooden chairs in front … Continue reading
It’s two weeks before Christmas and if you are anything like me, you are heavily into holiday preparations and events. This week I have shopped for gifts and groceries, decorated my home, and attended a holiday gathering. As a matter … Continue reading
In recent days in America we have seen the potential downfall of a presidential nominee in whom many had placed their trust and, here in the south, the devastation and destruction of a powerful hurricane. These are unsettling times … Continue reading
Fellow Christian, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is this: people. Pure and simple… Big people, little people, black, white, and asian people. Nice people, mean people, loud and soft-spoken people. Poor people, rich people…all people. We … Continue reading