- 5,601 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: love
Marriage is challenging. Take two people whose genders make them different by nature, stir in unique personalities, the needs of children in the family, the pressures of extended family, and the stress of difficult circumstances, and you have … Continue reading
Valentine’s Day. Exciting! Joyful! Romantic! Fun! Uncertain. Lonely. Depressing. Disappointing. This particular holiday can elicit very different emotions in each of us according to where we find ourselves in life. It’s a “pairing up” holiday, a celebration of love and … Continue reading
My husband and I rode bikes yesterday on a beautiful, sunny, fall day. It was exhilarating and fun–just he and I–no littles to watch out for. In fact, our kids are nearly grown and we are close to entering … Continue reading
“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one … Continue reading
In my previous post I wrote about the many different ideas people have about the word “Christian”. I also shared the origin of the word itself, which in the Greek means, Christ-follower. In today’s post I want to look at what the … Continue reading