- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Tag Archives: love
Marriage is challenging. Take two people whose genders make them different by nature, stir in unique personalities, the needs of children in the family, the pressures of extended family, and the stress of difficult circumstances, and you have … Continue reading
Valentine’s Day. Exciting! Joyful! Romantic! Fun! Uncertain. Lonely. Depressing. Disappointing. This particular holiday can elicit very different emotions in each of us according to where we find ourselves in life. It’s a “pairing up” holiday, a celebration of love and … Continue reading
My husband and I rode bikes yesterday on a beautiful, sunny, fall day. It was exhilarating and fun–just he and I–no littles to watch out for. In fact, our kids are nearly grown and we are close to entering … Continue reading
“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one … Continue reading
In my previous post I wrote about the many different ideas people have about the word “Christian”. I also shared the origin of the word itself, which in the Greek means, Christ-follower. In today’s post I want to look at what the … Continue reading