Join 388 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Post-Mom Life and the Search for Significance
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
Tag Archives: motherhood
Over the years I have often felt frustrated that I couldn’t seem to get all aspects of my life in order at the same time. As I’m furiously juggling my roles as a busy wife, mom, daughter, and friend, I … Continue reading
In today’s world we are enamored with celebrity culture. We “follow” movie and TV actors, spend loads of money on concert tickets, and idolize “bigger than life” sports figures. Many parents, who never realized their own dreams of achieving fame, have … Continue reading
Children love traditions. If you disagree, just try telling your 10-year-old you will no longer be going to Santa’s Tree Farm for your Christmas tree. Traditions create a sense of family identity; a security, and a feeling of unity. My … Continue reading
I went to the grocery store today to get some things for a party I’m having at my house for my mom’s 90th birthday. Her birthday is early in May so it always coincides with Mother’s Day. As I perused … Continue reading