Join 385 other followers
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Tag Archives: parenting
I have loved being a mom. It has truly been my most fulfilling role in life. Of course, I have had other roles over the years. I’ve been a wife, daughter, granddaughter, elementary teacher, volunteer, Bible study leader, VBS worker … Continue reading
Summer is fast approaching and my daughter—my beautiful, kind, generous, outgoing daughter—will soon become a Mrs. She met her beloved at the college youth group at church. He’s not exactly what her father and I had pictured for her.You know … Continue reading
Peace…as elusive and rare as a roll of toilet paper in this historic moment of Corona virus, empty store shelves, social distancing and self-quarantine. Many people are worried, even panicked over the lack of certain consumer products, the fear of … Continue reading
We’ve all heard that, as parents, we need to give our children roots and wings. Well, I think we can all agree that the “roots” part is easy. We love them consistently, provide for their basic needs, let … Continue reading