- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Tag Archives: parenting
We’ve just returned from an amazing trip to Japan where our son serves in the Navy. We flew halfway around the world for one reason and one reason only–to meet our first grandchild! The feeling of holding him for the first … Continue reading
“You are the light of the world. a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light … Continue reading
When our young adult children leave home— heading off to start college, join the workforce, or marry— we, as parents, feel a renewed sense of urgency to pray for them. For the first time they must face the unique dangers … Continue reading
Like it or not, every week shocking things happen at your child’s school. Whether it’s a student who’s been caught using drugs or texting explicit photos, driving while drunk, or experiencing an unplanned pregnancy; everything under the sun goes on at … Continue reading
When our children are small, we parents do our best to teach them good habits and to develop positive character traits– though most of us would admit we sometimes take our eye off the ball and fall back into “getting … Continue reading