- 5,596 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: parenting teens
I sing in two different choirs. My own church choir, which is like a family to me, and a large statewide choir (500 strong) that sings at various events and churches around our state several times a year. Participating in … Continue reading
“You are the light of the world. a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light … Continue reading
When our young adult children leave home— heading off to start college, join the workforce, or marry— we, as parents, feel a renewed sense of urgency to pray for them. For the first time they must face the unique dangers … Continue reading
Like it or not, every week shocking things happen at your child’s school. Whether it’s a student who’s been caught using drugs or texting explicit photos, driving while drunk, or experiencing an unplanned pregnancy; everything under the sun goes on at … Continue reading