- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Time to Land That Helicopter: The Changing Role of Parents When Their Children Marry
- Keeping Bridezilla at Bay: Successful Wedding Planning with Your Daughter
- Generosity: The best of God’s spiritual fruit all rolled into one!
- Faith: What is it and How do I Obtain it?
- Devotion to God: What Does it Look Like?
Tag Archives: parenting teens
I sing in two different choirs. My own church choir, which is like a family to me, and a large statewide choir (500 strong) that sings at various events and churches around our state several times a year. Participating in … Continue reading
“You are the light of the world. a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light … Continue reading
When our young adult children leave home— heading off to start college, join the workforce, or marry— we, as parents, feel a renewed sense of urgency to pray for them. For the first time they must face the unique dangers … Continue reading
Like it or not, every week shocking things happen at your child’s school. Whether it’s a student who’s been caught using drugs or texting explicit photos, driving while drunk, or experiencing an unplanned pregnancy; everything under the sun goes on at … Continue reading