- 5,596 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: peace
Living a purposeful and effective Christian life with a spiritual mindset doesn’t come naturally to us. In general, we are more earthly minded, haphazardly rushing about our day completing tasks, going to meetings, running errands—focusing on the urgent, but … Continue reading
Valentine’s Day. Exciting! Joyful! Romantic! Fun! Uncertain. Lonely. Depressing. Disappointing. This particular holiday can elicit very different emotions in each of us according to where we find ourselves in life. It’s a “pairing up” holiday, a celebration of love and … Continue reading
A. W. Tozer is a well-known theologian who was a minister in the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church for many years. During his lifetime he authored several books–The Pursuit of God being his most famous–but, his true passion was worship. … Continue reading
Does this sound like you? I know Jesus Christ and that he died to save me from my sin. I believe he is the Son of God. I have accepted his gift of forgiveness. I know that the only way to … Continue reading
Do you ever feel like the frantic cat in a “cat and mouse” game? Always running, always chasing…looking for something to satisfy that gnawing hunger within…never quite fast enough to attain the sumptuous prize? Life can be like that. … Continue reading