- 5,559 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: sons
To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
Wow, mothering can be tough! Can I get an “Amen”?! It’s a fine line we walk between allowing our teenagers to grow and mature and intervening in order to make things easier for them. It hurts to see our … Continue reading
It was promotion Sunday at my church–the day when church members “promote” into their new Sunday school classes. As we headed down our tree-lined driveway to church, I wondered, “Would this be the year I would move into the … Continue reading
There is no dispute that dads have a profound and lasting impact on their children. The only question is, whether that impact will be positive or negative. As moms, we want you to make an impression on our kids in … Continue reading
My daddy always carried a pocket knife. No true southerner (nor midwestern country boy, which my father was until he moved south) would leave home without it. During my growing-up years, I saw that pocketknife called into action more … Continue reading
In today’s world we are enamored with celebrity culture. We “follow” movie and TV actors, spend loads of money on concert tickets, and idolize “bigger than life” sports figures. Many parents, who never realized their own dreams of achieving fame, have … Continue reading