- 5,559 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: sons
My husband and I have been praying for many years for the young man who will eventually ask for our daughter’s hand in marriage…even though now we have no idea who that person will be. We know that God has … Continue reading
Does it really matter what movies your teenager goes to see? I mean, what does movie viewing have to do with your teen’s Christian faith and walk? And should you, as the parent, have the final say in what they see? Not … Continue reading
As our culture slides down the slippery slope towards complete and total secularism, it is more important than ever that Christian parents take note and become counter-cultural in their parenting approach. We must wake up to the tidal wave … Continue reading
Today I’m mourning and celebrating. My daughter got her driver’s license. Although it is an exciting time for her, I find myself experiencing mixed emotions. I am mourning the loss of our mother/daughter time in the car. She and I have … Continue reading
Parenting is not an exact science, to be sure. When our children are young and we are in the trenches, doing the day-to-day work of it, we don’t often step back to think about the character outcomes that we … Continue reading