- 5,559 hits
- Follow Heart of the Matter on WordPress.com
- Roots are Easy, Wings are Hard! : Preparing Your Children for Adulthood
- OK Lord, I’m Ready for my Close Up!
- To Bite, or Not to Bite (your tongue), That is the Question: Allowing Your Teen to Navigate Heartache and Disappointment.
- Hello Again! Surprised by God and Back in the Saddle.
- Taking Care of Mama: A Change of Heart
Tag Archives: transitions
When our young adult children leave home— heading off to start college, join the workforce, or marry— we, as parents, feel a renewed sense of urgency to pray for them. For the first time they must face the unique dangers … Continue reading
Happy New Mama Year! No, that’s not a typo and this isn’t an old post. I realize it’s not January 1st, the time when most people set goals, realign their priorities, and start fresh but, I’m proposing a new … Continue reading
You and I face many challenging and difficult decisions as we move through this parenting journey. Initially, they may be decisions like, bottle or breast… pre-packaged baby food or homemade? And from there the decisions never stop, they only grow more diverse and complex. … Continue reading
“But the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name, Jesus’…’How will this be’, … Continue reading